Mineral Fire Department is searching for citizens of Louisa County and surrounding areas who are eager to serve our community. Whether you are just exploring the idea of joining the fire service, or are a seasoned veteran, we look forward to your inquiry. Please use the form below to tell us a little about yourself and we will contact you and answer any questions you may have.
TRAINING PROVIDED AT NO COST TO YOU!
*Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to apply*
Our application process consists of the following:
- Inquire using form below.
- Fill out volunteer service application for Louisa County. Link: Volunteer Application
- You may fill out application electronically and email it, or scan and email application. Email application to email@example.com
- Application will go to county for background check.
- Application will “lay over” for 30 days after application is brought before our membership to allow time for background check.
- Applicant must complete one ride along at minimum during this time (6 hour shift). Ride along waiver must be filled out, signed, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before it can be scheduled. A line officer must approve this request. Link: Ride Along Waiver and Information
- After the “lay over” period is complete, your application will be voted on at the next business meeting. It is mandatory that you attend this meeting. Exceptions apply.
- Once voted into the department you will be classified as a probationary member for 6 months. After that period you will be eligible for full membership with voting rights. You must be 18+ to be eligible for full membership status.
You must be fingerprinted by Virginia OEMS standards within 30 days of being voted into the department. If your federal background check comes back with negative remarks your membership may be revoked.
You will be given a code once eligible for registration